Adam Armstrong is like our own TV grim reaper counting down to "True Blood"'s True Death. Only one episode to go before it's all over for the fang-bangers! Adam has dispensed with narrative tissue and is just train-of-thoughting it now in the homestretch... I'll join Adam next week for the series wrap. - Nathaniel
Episode 7.8 "Almost Home"
I’m done. I’m done. I’m done. You know, in the beginning of the episode, while Bill was pouring his unbeating heart out to Sookie, I thought to myself, I’m tired of hating Bill. It’s become too exhausting. Look at him, his voice cracking and all. Okay, I can get behind him and Sookie ending up together. Even if it’s just easier and requires less strain on my brain than remembering why I hate him.
AND THEN THE EPISODE ENDED THE WAY IT DID.
I hate him again!
I don’t want the blood.”
Oh, you don’t Bill Compton? You don’t want the antidote? [more...]
You want a silver spike you can sit on and martyr fuck yourself into oblivion? Jesus, I’ll lube the spike up myself. Fuck Bill.
• Otherwise, was anybody else thrown 100% for a loop when Jessica and Jason were having their bonding moment in the car and thought, Oh good, the hottest couple in the show is getting back together. All is right in Bon Temps only to have them FRIEND ZONE each other? I don’t get it. I just…don’t.
• Also, Violet’s death was a little premature for all the build up, no?
• Is Tara really not coming back from the dead? Don’t get me wrong, Letti Mae’s forgiveness was touching and all, but is Terra’s storyline really caput? That’s her contribution to the final season? Psh give me lesbian boxing Terra any day over this poltergeist purgatorial bullshit.
• I’m mixed on the whole Jessica/Hoyt reunion. On the one hand it’s a bittersweet lovers reunion in the vain of Eternal Sunshine. On the other hand, can Jessica really be with him knowing the only reason he’s with her is because she glamoured him? Interesting nonetheless.
• Ugh, I hope Jason does not end up with Brigette. It’ll just be a little too neat and clean and convenient.
Episode 7.9 "Love is To Die"
• I change my mind. Brigette can stay. When her and Jason were laying in bed without even diddling each other one bit? Gah, was that cute and shit. I’ll allow it.
• Also, in regards to Jessica and Hoyt, loved the juxtaposition of Jason’s explanation of their relationship while they’re fucking for the first time in years, and for the first time that Hoyt can remember. Just wonderful.
• Wow. I wish MY at-home blonde hair dye jobs came out as perfectly as Sarah Newlin’s.
• Do you remember in Titanic when Leo and Kate are scrambling up the boat as it’s sinking, before the splitting, and they’re running into a bit of bottleneck foot traffic? The priest dude is saying a prayer aloud about walking in the valley of shadows and death, and Leo’s like, “How bout you walk a little faster to that valley?” I just want to interject Leo’s line every time Bill finishes speaking about his profound choice of death over life. DO IT ALREADY.
• Now, this is all well and good, but I think we all know what this episode/series was really leading up to. In a scene, True Blood was able to find its beating heart & throbbing cock & pussy lips…
GINGER & ERIC: (Save the date!)
Even if their coital union was almost as anticlimactic as Violet’s death in the previous episode, at least it was true to their characters, who they are and more believable than anytime Sookie was penetrated by Warlow(do you remember when that was a thing?)
• All in all, while this episode was poignant in spots, at least for me, the first portion of Pam’s line in the opening scene summed my feelings up perfectly:
As much as I appreciate a compelling character drama…”
• I really am enjoying all the characters interacting with one another, it’s just a damn shame they don’t have an adversary worthy of their final season.
P.S. What with Sam FINALLY leaving and Bill hopefully on the way out in the final episode, all of my dreams for the show are coming true!
P.P.S. HOW READY ARE YOU FOR THE SERIES' TRUE DEATH THIS WEEKEND?