Empire Eddie Murphy could play Washington mayor Marion Barry for Spike Lee in a new biopic.
Carpetbagger wonders if Meryl Streep is the oldest person to ever grace the cover of Vogue? We assume she is, unless some male designer once posed there with an 18 yr old supermodel.
Movie|Line 5 pieces of Elizabeth Taylor's Memorabilia worth paying for...
Time profiles Tilda Swinton
Indie Wire because Martin Scorsese hasn't won enough awards in the past several years, the Santa Barbara Festival is going to honor him with the American Riviera Award
Yahoo Movies a rundown of awardage thus far. No consensus really.
Rope of Silicon lists the top five movie tattoos. I was happy to see Seth Gecko.
Awards Daily Sasha gets angry at the Shame haters. The movie not the emotion. Feel free to hate on shame the emotion. It's an annoying one.
Guardian in "Obituaries of 2011" has Shirley Maclaine's memories of La Liz.
24 Frames The Hollywood Blacklist... hottest screenplays
Hero Complex on Anthony Lister's Rise of the Planet of the Apes mural at Melrose Avenue.
Love it, don't you? How many pictures do you think are going to be snapped there every day while it's up.
And finally congratulations to the directors cited by Variety as "10 to Watch". In case the pay wall traps you like it did me they are:
- Zal Batmanglij (Sound of My Voice)
- Valérie Donzelli (Declaration of War) -French Oscar submission
- Gareth Evans (The Raid)
- Philippe Falardeau (Monsieur Lazhar) -Canadian Oscar submission
- Gerardo Naranjo (Miss Bala) -Mexican Oscar submission
- Matt Piedmont (Casa de mi Padre)
- Michaël R Roskam (Bullhead) -Belgian Oscar submission
- Lynn Shelton (Your Sister's Sister)
- Benh Zeitlin (Beast of the Southern Wild)
- The Bandito Brothers (Act of Valor)
in case you need a wee break in which case what the hell are you doing here?
Pitchfork Top 100 Songs of the Year
Billboard The Year in Music
Stale Popcorn Madonna's greatest soundtrack hits. (Okay that one is not totally off cinema I suppose.)