When I heard it was Pi Day, excuse me ∏ Day, I knew I had to celebrate on account of my peculiar love of anything celluloid numbery in the movies as evidenced by "first and last" and anything time-stampey. Peculiar because I am terrible at and completely uninterested in math. But how to celebrate? Since Pi = 3.14159265 I added up all those numbers and divided them by three. So herewith a 12 screenshot puzzle. How did I choose the screenshots?
- I randomly pulled discs a from my shelf and took a screengrab of their 3.14 mark.
- I randomly pointed to DVDS on my instant watch queue and took a screengrab of the 3.14 mark.
- If any of those were television shows I chose the 3rd episode somewhere during the 14th minute. Get it? Yes, I am crazy.
point something. Because Darren Aronofsky didn't come in to the picture I had to throw in one of those, too.
First come. First serve. Please only guess one movie in each comment to give other people a shot... and if it's TV you gotta name the season at least. Extra points for choosing the right episode title too.
All the puzzles have been solved by TFE's visually savvy readerhip, but after the jump you can still play. Check your answers with the highlightable text!
1. This is [Highlight for answer] DESTRY RIDES AGAIN correctly guessed by Matty D
2. This is [highlight for the answer] A WOMAN UNDER THE INFLUENCE correctly guessed by The Z
3. This is [highlight for answer] PIERROT LE FOU correctly guessed by Amir
4. This is [highlight for answer] BEING JOHN MALKOVICH guessed by Alex C
5. This is [highlight for the answer] ALL THAT JAZZ correctly guessed by Amir
6. This is [highlight for answer] BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER 3.3 "Faith, Hope and Trick" (correctly guessed by Ryan and Fernando)
7. This is [highlight for answer] NEAR DARK by Kathryn Bigelow correctly guessed by Andreas.
8. This is [highlight for answer] PUSHING DAISIES 1.3 "The Fun in Funeral" correctly guessed by Jonny (and K.A.)
9. This is [highlight for answer] WAITING FOR GUFFMAN correctly guessed by Mikadzuki
10. This is [highlight for answer] Darren Aronofsky's THE FOUNTAIN correctly guessed by Steve
11. This is [highlight for answer] FAR FROM HEAVEN correctly guessed by Jake D
12. This is [highlight for answer] DEMONLOVER correctly guessed by Tim
THANKS FOR PLAYING THE ∏ GAME FOR 3/14.