Alexa here. Every year the Oscars make me hungry. Maybe I'm feeling sympathy pangs for the starved nominees. Or maybe it's because, as my husband puts it, this is my Super Bowl: all that time in front of the television gives one an excuse to snack it up.
Here's what we came up with this year:
- Hushpuppies in honor of Beasts of the Southern Wild
- Crabby Snacks in honor of Silver Linings Playbook (recipe here)
- Thirty Dark Chocolate Zeros
- Les Miserables Miseraballs
- Argo Fudge Yourself
- Chocolate Djmangoes unchained
More Oscar foods from 'round the web after the jump (plus Jennifer Lawrence)
I also enjoyed this take on Beasts I found on flickr:
How about professional desserts?
What did you serve at your party? Did this post make you hungry?
What do you think Jennifer Lawrence ate after the Oscars?
Share any punny food you consumed in the comments.