We had fun chiming in weekly and after a break will be back with Off-Season cinematic musings. While we normally have quite a laugh during these, and there's a fair bit of that againe, we do get a bit serious on a couple of topics. "The End" always brings a smidge more sober take-it-all in perspective.
Topics covered include:
- Kirk Douglas & Melissa Leo. The early peak.
- Dressing like a winner / Dressing like a nominee
- Cate Blanchett, Sharon Stone and other fancy dressers
- Nobody ever likes the hosts of the Oscar show. But Anne Hathaway & James Franco?
- Ovearching themes and production confusion: Old or Young?
- Why no visual gags for non-comedian hosts?
- Colin Firth, Christian Bale and Natalie Portman speeches
- Awards Fatigue (and strategies for coping)
Listen in and join in the conversation in the comments.