presented without self censorship or editing as they come to me...
- Initially I kept comparing this to Something's Gotta Give (2003) as to its awards chances -- Oscar Best Actress Nominee -- and now I'm embarrassed about that and wish I had compared it to Mother (1996) -- Golden Globe Best Actress Nominee.
- Babs still gets top billing. As it should be but she hasn't made a movie in how many years?
- those Focker movies don't count.
- How much would your typical Barbra Streisand fan(atic) pay to have their cheek pinched by her? I'm guessing thousands because the prices they'll pay to see her in concert. Yeesh!
- People who do not think Barbra is a brilliant actor have not seen Funny Girl or The Way We Were. They have maybe seen Prince of Tides or Meet the Fuckers.
- Who else is in this movie? Wouldn't it be so weird if it was all Sleuth like two-hander?
- My whole life I've loved the tradition of seeing a movie on Christmas day with family & friends. But now every movie opens on Christmas and it's so annoying! I'm buried in prezzies and I'd prefer them metered out a bit.
- Do you think Abbas Kiarostami is totally dying to see this? Road trip!