It's Reader Appreciation Month so I'm playing Santa with gifts.
I'm so sorry I didn't announce this sooner! I do get backed up here. I know those of you who entered the Les Miz contest are dying to just buy the new blu-ray/dvd combo pack if you didn't win. This contest had a great response. I asked interested Red & Black revolutionaries to answer three questions:
• Which kind of bread would you bake Valjean so he doesn't steal another loaf?
• Which movie hooker other than Fantine should've had a death bed song?
• Bring Him Home: Jackman, Redmayne, Tveit or Crowe?
I had much fun reading the often creative answers. But the three winners, chosen randomly, are...
ROB S in Palm Springs who writes:
- BREAD: Pain de campagne, which I hope Hugh will stick around to enjoy as pain perdu.
- HOOKER: Mildred, from Of Human Bondage....Bette Davis croaking it out as she croaks.
- MAN TO TAKE HOME: Eddie Redmayne for sure. IMO the MVP of Les Misérables
'pain perdu'. teehee. Although I just realized that Rob is basically announcing with his answers that he's taking both Jackman and Redmayne home. Greedy!
JEREMY E in New York who writes:
- BREAD: Gotta be pumpernickel for Hugh. Hard on the pump, light on the nickel
- HOOKER: Hands down, "Kit de Luca", Julia Roberts best friend in Pretty Woman---if only to hear her sing "Cinder-fucken-rella" in a tenor voice.
- MAN TO TAKE HOME: Hugh
ROBERTA L in New Jersey who writes:
- BREAD: I would bake Hugh Jackman Sweet Buns, of course. Although Fruitcake is a strong contender. Because hello, he plays on your team, not mine. I don't care who his wife is.
- HOOKER: So difficult! Barely-a-teen Brooke Shields? Jon Voight? What's-her-head in Risky Business? Nahh, it's obvious. Barbra Streisand in Nuts.
- MAN TO TAKE HOME: Fine. Jackman. I mean that's my type, isn't it?
Roberta was one of only two contestants brave enough to sing her heart out for extra contest entries. So here she is in this audio clip doing her best Eponine for "On My Own". Nice job!