We've neglected to share new posters so, let's do. A few brief thoughts, in the order they came, after each poster: Starred Up, Whiplash, The Seventh Son, Theory of Everything and American Horror Story: Freakshow.
• So much red. But I like it.
• I am somewhat fond of Rupert Friend, from both Pfeiffer-osmosis and Homeland back when I watched it
• "An Instant Classic of the Prison Genre," eh? I'm wondering what the others are besides, you know, obviously the actressexual masterpiece Caged (1950) and I guess Shawshank Redemption (1994) for the mainstream. But what else?
• Wait, this means Jack O'Connell is imprisoned in both of his breakout movies? He's already got a niche.
• Except I don't think he's a prisoner in '71 (which is also getting good reviews) so maybe not. He sure is busy.
• Jack O'Connell is really something, visually (and supposedly a great actor but I have yet to see this movie or Unbroken so who knows) and he's naked in this movie. What I'm saying is Glenn is right:
The distributor of STARRED UP certainly knows the best way to get attention for their flick, don't they? http://t.co/vJO6xogtBW— Glenn Dunks (@glenndunks) August 27, 2014
• The tagline is like the movie poster version of "Men Are From Mars. Women Are From Venus" and thus, it is quite gross.
• How much is this like A Beautiful Mind only instead of mental disabilities, they're physical but the resilient dark haired wife beauty stands by her man. Because that could be a dealbreaker.
• This poster is quite memorable so let's hope the movie is, too. Even though that might mean more Felicity Jones (noooooo) it will also mean more Eddie Redmayne (yes)
• Love that the lovers are at a 90º angle with mathematics and theory or what not scribbled over them and regular text all straightforward like. That's a really fun way to incorporate all the mathematical theory swirling around their lives.
• So many words.
• Movie Poster as FYC Advertisement. They're starting early
• I apologize to all percussionists out there but I don't really like drums. They give me headaches in the subway station too regularly.
• Nice try but does anyone believe this is ever coming out after so many deferrals? Maybe they should offer it in a Double Feature with Grace of Monaco. Nicki & Juli forever but better luck next time.
• It also has a new trailer but I don't have the heart to watch it.
• They're obviously trying for that old school classic 70s/80s fantasy vibe with this poster. The center totem pole size-mishmash of key characters with peripheral scene business to the sides of them.
• How many fantasy flops will they need before people stop trying to recreate the success of The Lord of the Rings, do you think?
• I wonder what Jeff Bridges would look like now if he didn't have facial hair and was all cleaned up like in days of yore? Of course, even in days of yore he often went with the toussled longish hair and beard look.
• I feel so guilty that I didn't write up AHS: Coven as I promised because it was right up our alley with all the Oscar ladies and all the ladies in general and costumes and whatnot. I overbook. And the show defeated me because there was so damn much to talk about every episode both because the show is overstuffed and because it's messy and because it loves to push all the provocateur buttons, clumsily or intriguingly depending on the moment: race, sex, gender, morality, violence, death, and BALENCIAGA!!!!!!
• The title conjures up a mix of HBO's Carnivale and Boy George's Taboo musical
give me a freak... any day of the week. I'm comfortable with those you'd call demented"
• I wish these posters online were larger so you could make out the details better. I love that it's illustrated but all I can really tell from this is we've got Kathy Bates as a bearded lady, Angela Bassett as a woman with three boobs (I had so wished for more for her! She earned it last season, goddamnit), Sarah Paulson as a two headed lady, Jessica Lange with no arms, and Michael Chiklis as the strong man. O'Hare, Roberts and Conroy who knows
• I'm really pleased that they're bringing in A+ grade beefcake with Matt Bomer & Finn Wittrock. I hope their roles are Naked Man #1 and Naked Man #2
• #WIRSINDALLEFREAKS - since they're using a German hashtag can't we please get Franka Potente back in the mix? Please?
• The other day I had the most brilliant idea for a cast member addition on Twitter. May retweets carry it to Brad & Ryan's ears (hint hint)
Sudden Realization: you know who would be GREAT on American Horror Story? DARYL HANNAH @dhlovelife— Nathaniel Rogers (@nathanielr) August 26, 2014
• I have never been to a freak show at a carnival. Do they even still have them?
• Sudden Realization Number Two!