Presented in the order I had them without self-censorship... you do the same in the comments!
- Corn fields. Cinematography. Serene music. Is this Chris Nolan's Terrence Malick?
- alright alright Matthew McConaughey's voice. It has its charms but it's not the voice to cast to summon up portent and awe. I like MM lots (and lots) but the voice be not why
- old footage of technological advances makes me think of my Dad - he loved NASA-like things
- "to make the unknown known" (I was not supposed to giggle at that line reading)
- "we count these moments as our proudest achievements... but we've lost all that" -- I so agree with this sentiment. What happened to our ambitions? Why do we waste all our tax payer money on subsidizing big oil and big war when we could be building space ships and living out our dreams? I've veered way off topic but now I am won over and want to love this movie and any movie that encourages collective awe and wanderlust instead of collective greed and rage.
- The shot of Matthew McConaughey driving away in the car. Gah! His eyes all wet. I need a non YouTube Quicktime version of this trailer immediately.
- "our destiny lies above us" with parent and child hand-in-hand... okay this is Nolan's Malick.
- The Credits. WAIT. BILL IRWIN AND ANNE HATHAWAY ARE BOTH IN THIS? Rachel Getting Married reunion holla!
- Sad 'outside-looking-in' Party of One Truth: I have never loved a Christopher Nolan movie.
- I never know when to do 'Yes, No, Maybe So' anymore because most movies now get at least three trailers and I'm not devoting free advertising space every time, you sneaky PR departments you.