The wait is over, chickadees! Rupaul's Drag Race returns for its eighth season on March 7. Also the show is celebrating in centennial fashion: not only has it hit 100 episodes, but now the show has now ushered 100 drag queens to our tv screens
After an underwhelming seventh season that nevertheless brought new fan favorites like Katya, Trixie Mattel, and winner Violet Chachki, our favorite not-so-guilty pleasure is back with a new batch of queens to adore. And the new crew looks promising, from big names like Derrick Barry (the Britney Spears impersonator) to new blood like Naomi Smalls. Expect the hilarious Bob the Drag Queen to give good quote, with Robbie Turner (part of the same Seattle gang as Jinkx Monsoon and BenDeLaCreme) the frontrunner for the all-important Snatch Game.
The brief glimpse so far is already more enticing than the drab presentation Logo gave the contestants last year - hopefully we have a true return to form.
This season's queens, from left to right:
- Dax Exclamationpoint (Savannah, GA)
- Acid Betty (New York, NY)
- Kim Chi (Chicago, IL)
- Thorgy Thor (Brooklyn, NY)
- Naomi Smalls (Redlands, CA)
- Derrick Barry (Las Vegas, NV)
- Robbie Turner (Seattle, WA)
- Cynthia Lee Fontaine (Austin, TX)
- Naysha Lopez (Chicago, IL)
- Laila McQueen (seated) (Gloucester, NH)
- Chi Chi DeVayne (Shreveport, LA)
- Bob the Drag Queen (New York, NY)
Check out the first look below! Has anyone seen any of these gals live?