Chris here and can you believe it's already time to start your engines for a new season of RuPaul's Drag Race? That All Stars extravaganza truly spoiled us after a great season eight! But now meet the new set of queens to obsess over, and from this first glance season nine can already be called the return to fish - especially for the jawdropping Farrah Moan.
Here's the full cast:
- Aja (Brooklyn, NY)
- Alexis Michelle (New York, NY)
- Charlie Hides (London, UK)
- Eureka O'Hara (Johnson City, TN)
- Farrah Moan (Las Vegas, NV)
- Nina Bo'nina Brown (Atlanta, GA)
- Peppermint (New York, NY)
- Sasha Velour (Brooklyn, NY)
- Shea Coulee (Chicago, IL)
- Trinity Taylor (Orlando, FL)
- Valentina (Los Angeles, CA)
While this lineup lacks a certain diversity of styles and influences, each of these girls are instantly charming enough to bet on an entertaining season. The current standouts for me are the Almodóvar-referencing Valentina, polished and confident Alexis Michelle, and the coolly hilarious Shea Coulee. My heart so wants to root for brit Charlie Hides (who you can bank on taking Snatch Game), but a win for a comedy queen after Bob the Drag Queen seems like a lofty order. Almost as lofty as the wait we must endure until the show returns in March.
What queen do you love most based on the first look?