- Did the Prince of Persia get on a shredding regimen?
- Is Jake the new Christian Bale in terms of weight loss/gain yo-yoing?
- A troubled teenager, a paranoid reporter, a gay cowboy, an easily scared interviewee, a James Baldwin connoissieur, and now a jacked middleweight champion; is there anything Jake can’t do?
- Is Jake still this ripped? Will he look like this as he makes his Broadway debut?
Related: do you think the Gyllenhaal siblings made it a point to be on Broadway at the same time?
- Between Prisoners, Enemy, Nightcrawler and now Southpaw, will we need to come up with a portmanteau for his resurgence? Jakeaissance? Gyllenhawakening?
- Where are his co-stars Naomie Harris and Rachel McAdams?
- Related: why does IMDb’s “star meter” (also: what is IMDb’s star meter?) rank McAdams higher than Gyllenhaal in the Southpaw credits?
- Will Fuqua’s Southpaw follows the likes of The Fighter, The Wrestler, Ali, Million Dollar Baby, Rocky and Raging Bull at the Oscars and nab Jake a nomination? Weinstein is behind the pic so Oscar is bound to factor into the conversation to some extent.
- Is this Jake’s version of stealth campaigning, showcasing his range after picking up an Indie Spirit nom for Nightcrawler?
- And of course, I can’t not leave you with this question from Glenn:
Would you rather Jake Gyllenhaal in NIGHTCRAWLER or SOUTHPAW? I'm actually not sure I know my own answer.— Glenn Dunks (@glenndunks) November 30, 2014
I honestly would stick with Jarhead Jake, but I’m curious where everyone else lies: do you like Gyllenhaal’s latest look? I can’t be the only Gyllenhaalic in the room so, do you have any answers for my questions above?