New Podcast ~ Part 2 of 2
[Part 1 Here]
When we left off we were talking about the Globe Comedy and SAG Ensemble nods specifically and now the conversation continues. We turn to two films which could receive several nominations or none: The Master and Beasts of The Southern Wild and explore other Oscar mysteries too. [With Nathaniel, Nick, Katey, and Joe.]
- The Master and P.T. Anderson's shift from ensemble to two-man dramas
- Beasts of the Southern Wild, the outsider film
- Globe categorizations. Why wasn't The Sessions a comedy?
- Marion Cotillard is so Hollywood
- Screenplays, Original and Adapted
- Cinematography is neither Art Direction nor Visual Effects. Discuss
- Oscar Stats. Will Supporting Actor be the only acting lineup ever that goes in with all previous winners?
- Screener piles. Are AMPAS voters more likely to watch The Paperboy or Compliance?
You can download the podcast on iTunes or listen right here at the bottom of the post. But, as always, the podcast isn't complete without you. Join in the conversation by commenting!