You thought the Golden Globe festivities were over didn't you? Nope. There's one more left. It's time for the Film Experience Golden Globe Podcast. Katey, Nick, Joe and Nathaniel all met up for one last pre-Oscar nomination chat. We still don't agree on the movies but we all love the Globes unironically. It's always such a party for people who love celebrities and movies. We're sad it's over!
You can download the podcast on iTunes or listen right here at the bottom of the post.
- Crowd shots and nominee closeups.
- Introducing... Katharine McPhee!
- The unintentional eroticism of the DeMille Award
- Leonardo DiCaprio's tipping point.
- Johnny Depp, Original Song and other Unnecessaries
- Seating charts, surprise marriages
- Calista and Harrison... and Harrison's earrings.
- No sloppy Globe seconds for Oscar.
- Uggie up to his old tricks
- What will happen with The Help at SAG?
- Viola Davis vs. Meryl Streep, the problematic narrative
- Octavia Spencer and David Fincher
- Brad vs. George and Mr CrankyPants Joe Reid
We'd love to hear your takes on any of the issues discussed in the comments.
We do a lot of theorizing and questioning!