I'm such a ditz. Last week we learned that Meryl Streep really needed more potassium in her diet -- the marketing for her new comedy Hope Springs is obsessed with those bananas -- and perhaps because of my love-hate relationship with those yellow phallic symbols, I completely forgot to post this particular Yes No Maybe So edition after writing it up.
Last week I also got a painful charley horse in my left calf and I ate bananas the rest of the week as penance. I think I have a super mild allergy because they always make my mouth feel weird.
- Who doesn't love Meryl Streep in comedies?
- Am I crazy or does Steve Carell have one of the most soothing beautiful voices ever. I want him to talk at me and talk at me and tell me everything will be okay. I love how his big screen persona is so different than his small screen work.
- Last time David Frankel and Streep worked together they gave us Miranda Priestley so we kinda owe them.
- Meryl and the Signifying Banana.
- OMG. Hi, Elisabeth Shue and Mimi Rogers. Meet you in 1987!!!
- The threesome joke that ends the trailer. I can't decide if it's hilarious in a dumb joke way or just groan-worthy. If all the jokes are cheeky ribbings this will be hard to swallow.
- The trailer isn't particularly funny and seems a little "you go girl" Lifetime bland.
- Tommy Lee Jones? In this part?
- Meryl Streep? With that hair? Seriously why.
Remember when we all first heard about this project and it sounded like a nuanced marital drama and it was going to star Jeff Bridges and I was pissed that Michelle Pfeiffer didn't fight Meryl for the role? This is not at all what I was expecting!
the trailer in question...
- Are you a Yes No or Maybe So?
- Ever practiced on a banana?
- Is this way outside of your comfort zone?