We've already discussed our comedy ballots and though we've got a few more individual FYCs coming and are still trying to sample various new series we missed that others are rooting for before the nominations, let's talk Drama Series. Emmy is always loathe to change up its nominations so the actual nominees this year are likely to be the exact same as last year which means that you're looking at...
- Game of Thrones (Season 6 -- nominated for all previous seasons. 1 win for Season 5)
- Better Call Saul (Season 2 -- nominated last year, too)
- Downton Abbey (Season 6 -- nominated for all previous seasons. 1 win for Season 1 as "limited series")
- Homeland (Season 5 -- nominated for 3 of 4 previous seasons. 1 win for Season 1)
- House of Cards (Season 4 -- nominated for all previous seasons)
- Orange is the New Black (Season 3 -- nominated for all previous seasons. though first was in "comedy")
Basically you're looking at the same lineup that's been going on for half a decade (since Better Call Saul just replaced its origin series Breaking Bad). But with Mad Men out of the picture there is exactly one slot free, which we assume will be taken by...
- Mr Robot (Season 1 -- since its won so much buzz, acclaim, and fandom in its debut season)
If I was in charge rare would be the series that was always nominated since nearly all series have some ebb and flow in terms of quality and there is (thankfully) so much quality competition out there. The only long-running television show of my entire life that I would have nominated every single year was Mad Men...