Good morning, readers! Here's your wake-up call:
That's a whole lot of actress powerhouses on television in one small selfie: Sarah Paulson (The People vs. OJ Simpson), Julianna Margulies (The Good Wife), Constance Zimmer (UnREAL and House of Cards), Regina King (American Crime), Kirsten Dunst (Fargo), Kerry Washington (Scandal), and Jennifer Lopez (Shades of Blue). Before you jump to conclusions that Ryan Murphy is just expanding his empire, let's take a closer look:
1. What exactly caused this moment of divinity? Casual friday brunch? Do they all share a dentist?
2. We are not worthy of Regina King and we never will be.
3. Kerry Washington is there too?! Ray reunion! Wouldn't they make a great duo in something fun and female-empowering like Thelma and Louise?
4. Everyone is lovely here, but Sarah Paulson is serving.
5. It's easy to forget if you're like me and don't watch much television that even large stars are making the TV leap by the minute - but haven't we kind of been sleeping on the fact that Jennifer Lopez is the star of a network procedural?
6. This is the Emmy's Actress Roundtable we actually want, yes? Yes.
7. Maybe Jennifer Lopez should be planning the members of group magazine covers a la Vanity Fair. I'd totally buy this off that magazine rack!
8. Wait! There's room for one more next to Constance Zimmer! What TV actress would you squeeze into this selfie?