Michael C here to see if the Annie Award nominations shed any light on this year’s rare neck and neck Oscar race for Best Animated film.
- "Brave" – Pixar Animation Studios
- "Frankenweenie" – Walt Disney Studio
- "Hotel Transylvania" – Sony Pictures Animation
- "ParaNorman" – Focus Features
- "Rise of the Guardians" – DreamWorks Animation
- "The Pirates! Band of Misfits" – Aardman Animations
- "The Rabbi’s Cat "– GKIDS
- "Wreck-It Ralph" – Walt Disney Animation Studios
Without a slam-dunk frontrunner draining the suspense out of the category for once it's worth sifting through the tea leaves looking for omens. Unfortunately the Annie's nominated everything so it doesn't clarify much. At least they had the good taste to leave out The Lorax, Madagascar 3 and Ice Age 25, which I believe takes place in the early 1970’s.
Lots more after the jump including predictions and celebrity voice acting.