This is your daily reminder that Julianne Moore won an Oscar*
A lot of actors have played Juli's screen kids over the years. Hopefully not all of them have been too traumatized by it since she plays "bad mommy" more often than good one. In fact, here's a list of them because a) it's fun to make lists and b) we go above and beyond here at The Film Experience. We really do. So you should like us on facebook, follow Nathaniel on twitter, and sign up for the forthcoming newsletter pretty please!
Julianne's Screen Kids... It's a Boy / Girl / Ghost
- Uncredited (Newborn) - Nine Months (1995)
- Chauncy Leopardi (Stepson) - [safe] (1995)
- Mark Wahlberg "you're my baby boy" & Heather Graham "I love you mom!" (Honorary Children) - Boogie Nights (1997)
- Haunting Offscreen Presence (Child She Isn't Allowed To See) - Boogie Nights (1997)
- Liv Tyler - Cookie's Fortune (1999)
- Victoria Rudiak (Dead Child) - A Map of the World (1999)
- Hayley Lochner (Other Child) - A Map of the World (1999)
- Tom Cruise (Stepson) - Magnolia (1999)
- Haunting Offscreen Presence (Imaginary Child) - World Traveller (2001)
- Will McAllister - The Shipping News (2001)
- Ryan Ward & Lindsay Andretta (Ignored Children) - Far From Heaven (2002)
- Jack Rovello & Ed Harris (Same Character) - The Hours (2002)
- Christopher Kovaleski & Matthew Pleszewicz (Dead Child - Or Did The Child Ever Exist At All ???) - The Forgotten (2004)
- Trevor Morgan, Ellary Porterfield, Monté Gagné, Robert Clark, Michael Seater, Erik Knudsen, Jake Scott, Jordan Todosey, Ryan Price, Shae Norris, Abigail Falle, Luca Barbaro, Brando Barbaro, Jack Murray, Evan Rose, Jessica Pollock, Emily Persich, Maxwell Uretsky, Brendan Price, Melanie Tonello, Julia Megan Thompson, Connor Sharp (Impossibly Large Brood) - The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio (2005)
- Marlon Sherman (Missing or Dead Child ???) - Freedomland (2006)
- Haunting Offscreen Presence (Dead Child) - Children of Men (2006)
- Barney Clark & Eddie Redmayne- (Same Character) - Savage Grace (2007)
- Max Thieriot - Chloe (2009)
- Mia Wasikowska & Josh Hutcherson - The Kids Are All Right (2010)
- Emma Stone - Crazy Stupid Love (2011)
- Paul Dano - Being Flynn (2012)
- Onata Aprile - What Maisie Knew (2013)
- Haunting Offscreen Presence (Dead Child) - Don Jon (2013)
- Chloë Grace Moretz -Carrie (2013)
- Kate Bosworth, Hunter Parrish, and Kristen Stewart - Still Alice (2014)
And now the first of them (Eddie Redmayne) has just won an Oscar! As I said in yesterday's New Oscar Trivia post it's the first time our Best Actress & Best Actor winner have previously costarred as mother & son.
Which of her screen kids will be next?
Maybe Emma Stone who was so delightful while practicing with a LEGO Oscar? Or Wahlberg or Moretz or Stewart or.... what'cha think?
* How long can I keep this up d'ya think?