Oscar Nomination Morning has always been like Christmas day to me. I sleep restlessly. I wake early. I tear open my presents. When I first met Nick Davis ten years ago, we knew we were kindred spirits since it's also like that for him. In some ways it can be even more exciting than Oscar Night. More to celebrate / complain about. We lean celebratory as best we can here. Congratulations to you and you and you and you... and okay, you too.
podcast topics include but are not limited to...
- Oscar as Christmas. Troubled sleep.
- "Man or Muppet?", Bret McKenzie and Original Song
- Blockbusters and how they performed in their categories.
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and War Horse overperformed while The Help underperformed
- Echo chambers and their limitations ... especially in the various craft categories.
- Tilda Swinton's Oscar trajectories
- NINE BEST PICTURES? Spreading the wealth.
- Iron Lady's makeup and Harry Potter's nominations.
- Brad Pitt happiness.
- Congratulations to all the nominees... except you.
- Actually we breeze through everything!
Here's our instant reaction to the nominations!
I did no editing on this one so when you hear only silence that is Nick and I both furiously reading names on a screen rather than paying homage to The Artist.