Here's part two of my October conversation with Katey, Joe and Nick. In part I, Nathaniel, made the embarrassing confession that I had yet to see The Master due to pneumonia, subway mishaps and so on... The day that I knew Part 1 of the podcast would air (Sunday) I rushed to a matinee of The Master so as to course-correct before my shame went public. I only had a few hours free and when I arrived at the theater the ticket seller informed me that The Master was not showing thus prolonguing my public humiliation:
Me, Wracked With The Master-Related Guilt: But I looked it up just 45 minutes ago... 12:30 PM! I'm here. It's 12:30 PM. I have to see it.
Lady Who Knew Not My Blogging Shame: Where did you look it up?
Lady: We're not affiliated with them. Next time try Fandango.
Me: Are you telling me that Moviefone just made this up?!
Lady: I'm telling you that it's not showing and we aren't affiliated with them.
Me: Fine... Argo.
Podcast Part Two.
Topics in this incredibly rambling 41 minute Oscar podcast include but are not limited to:
- Life of Pi
- Hyde Park on Hudson - why the festival showings?
- How to Survive a Plague, Documentaries & FYC Screeners
- Leonardo DiCaprio in Django Unchained
- Naomi Watts in The Impossible
- Amour, Emmanuelle Riva and Best Actress
- The Matthew McConaughey Narrative
- The Normal Heart and August: Osage County in 2013
You can download the podcast on iTunes or listen right here. Enjoy (and please comment if you do).