by Nathaniel R
This list was requested by Carlos recently in the comments. Perhaps in light of the Oscar Nominated Performances ranked of the past six years... so why not. It's a perfect weekend activity and will help you get in the mood for the possibly turbulent Oscar season ahead. So let's do this crazy...
ALL THE OSCAR NOMINATED PERFORMANCES RANKED (2000-2009)
First a terrible confession for one such as I: Two Oscar nominated performances in the Aughts slipped right past my movie devouring eyeballs (the shame. the shame.) I never got around to Tommy Lee Jones In the Valley of Elah or Cooler Alec Baldwin. I accept your judgment and will choose my favorite of whatever punishments are recommended.
So let's rank the whole other 198 lot of 'em, with the caveats that this is silly (apples & oranges) and had you asked me on a different day the order might have been different though the general truth of the groupings below would stay the same.
- Mo'Nique, Precious (2009) *
- Meryl Streep, The Devil Wears Prada (2006)
- Johnny Depp, The Pirates of the Caribbean (2003)
- Heath Ledger, Brokeback Mountain (2005)
- Daniel Day-Lewis, There Will Be Blood (2007) *
- Judi Dench, Notes on a Scandal (2006)